Author Topic: Midge Ure  (Read 2803 times)

Offline charming man

• Welcome to Pure80spop
Midge Ure
« on: September 03, 2006, 20:23:55 PM »
Seen him today at local mall near bristol said to missus who it was she replied "who"  ::) didnt have my phone on me 
so no piccy but did get a scribble from him which was nice  O0 then missus starts talking to him and said she never heard of him
cue rug pulled from under feet  :-[

Offline Viscount Discount

• Heir to a crumbling biscuit empire ....
  • Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Don't stop the dance...
Re: Midge Ure
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 15:53:48 PM »
Someone told me that he lived near Bath, so that'll explain the sighting.

Saw him last year on the Here & Now nostalgia tour. Never released what an amazing guitarist he is.  :o  O0
Bang bang, the mighty fall ...

Offline Rosie

• Pure80s Elite
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 16:56:42 PM »
Visc you have made up my mind for me  :)

Midge is playing an acoustic set on 29th of this month at our local theatre. I will be buying tickets asap  :) ;)

Offline Troubadour

• Spot the Personal Trainer...
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 17:30:54 PM »
Midge is a bit of a celebrity tart, and I mean that in a nice way because it's nice to know that a good musicial like him is out there being seen rather than hiding away in some Surrey mansion doing music production for up-coming bands. I was looking at doing a songwriter's course and found one in Bristol that runs for a week every year. I read the blurb about it and saw that Midge Ure would be dropping in to help people find the creative edge. I mentioned this to my girlfriend who is a regular on music forums and she said that Midge is well known for turning up all over the place. Like Rosie, I've noticed adverts for him doing an acoustic set locally. I keep meaning to go (but I say that about lots of things and then stay firmly glued to my favourite sofa :))

Offline Rosie

• Pure80s Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 19:19:51 PM »
If my after-the-event-report is favourable, would that inspire you to get off your comfy sofa, Troub?  ;D

Offline Penge 63

• Apprentice member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 20:15:59 PM »
I have mentioned on other threads that Sir Ure is an appoachable and very articulate man and should be approached at all times he will give you his attention and thoughts whenever requested go see him and hear a true musician carry out his art  :smitten:
Don't Mack me off like a 2 bob

Offline Lord Villa

• Don't quote me on that
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Never forget
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 15:13:00 PM »
This whole thing Ure-ine, sorry Midge Ure and Bob Geldoff things is annoying, if they're so worried about poverty, why not give up all their wealth for Africa.