Author Topic: Tony Hadley + Go West  (Read 6758 times)

Offline Wingtipvortex

• Pure80s Elite
Tony Hadley + Go West
« on: September 18, 2011, 03:48:36 AM »
Well,  I was lucky enough to travel 2000 Kilometers last year to see Spandau Ballet.  Something i have been waiting for, for a LONG time. They were superb!  BUT.........BUT...........BUT!!!
Seems lady luck has blessed me with another chance to see THE MAN himself,  and another great band Go West :)  And heres the kicker......they are playing just walking distance from my house :D :D :D :D :D :D

How lucky am I this time!  In Tasmania,  we NEVER get bands of this kind.  So I of course booked seats front row and in the dead centre O0  I will take some video footage of me going off me nut, and put it on youtube for you all to have a laugh over :2funny:

Im excited, YES!
Im Stephen King, and i wrote the damn thing!! ( first words spoken on the Shining dvd commentary )

Offline Pin

• Part Time Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Nobody can hear you scream in space
Re: Tony Hadley + Go West
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 04:53:49 AM »
Cool  O0 O0

Offline Wingtipvortex

• Pure80s Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:23:20 AM »
Ok, a rundown of our night with Go West and The Tony Hadley Band O0

Well, what a night we had! We were primed and exited beyond words before the concert, so we decided to go to a bar in the complex to take the edge off our nerves. We were standing at the bar for around 10 mins and i saw a recognizable figure walk past and park himself at the bar. O My GOD i said to the wife........thats John Keeble!!!!  We both started whisper to each other " what do we do? should we go up to him and ask for a photo or two " I said, HELL YES!  So I approached him and introduced myself as the biggest Spandau and JK fan in all of Australia O0

We had a chat to him for a few mins, got a pic with him, then went into the concert ready now more than ever to enjoy the night 8)  What a polite, respectable and funny guy.

Go West bounced on stage and went straight into there big hits, and they were brilliant to say the least!  Then Tony Hadley was introduced by Peter Cox, and the man himself jumped on stage and away we went with the Spandau tunes 8)   

We were literally in arms reach of the man, and it was a tad overwhelming. The crowd danced all night,  we screamed like teenagers and a great time was had by everyone O0 
The band members came to the very front of the stage at the end and did their bow.......THEN.....John Keeble bent down right in front of me and the wife and handed her his drumsticks!!!!!   We couldn't believe it!   What a personal gesture. Normally he throws them into the crowd,  but these were hand delivered to us by the KING O0

Anyhoo,  ill show you some pics of our awesome night.......enjoy :)

Jess and John Keeble

Wingtip and John Keeble

Peter Cox(Go West)

Me and Peter Cox( very nice guy )

THE DRUM STICKS O0 ( John Keeble Rock God endorsed )

Im Stephen King, and i wrote the damn thing!! ( first words spoken on the Shining dvd commentary )

Offline Pin

• Part Time Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Nobody can hear you scream in space
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:06 AM »
WOW
Great piccies too

Offline dava

• Pure80s Elite
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »