General > Ask The Members

Star Wars 1983 Arcade game

(1/1)

Lord Villa:
Anyone know where I can find the game to play online, looked everywhere, but only inferior copy games to be found, any ideas? My kids want to play it.

HHP-Podcast:
If you can't find it online like a flash version, I suggest you do some googling on MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) which is an emulator application designed to recreate the hardware of arcade game systems in software on modern personal computers and other platforms.  Of course, the games (ROMs) used with the various MAME's available are not permitted to be bundled with the emulator.  I'd advise doing your research to understand the history and legalities behind MAME and the associated ROMs.  I believe there are quite a few ROMs out there on some older games that are now public domain.  FYI, the Star Wars game you reference is only one of 100's of arcade games available on MAME so even if you don't go for that particular game, there are quite a few you can get easily that can make you feel nostalgic.

There are hardcore classic gamers out there that will go as far as building custom arcade cabinets to play their MAME games in.  Heck, you can find some companies that sell MAME cabinets with a set of games bundled in them or even someone selling a MAME cabinet they built that were either converted from old arcade cabinets or custom built from the ground up.

Lord Villa:
 O0 Cheers HHP Podcast

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version