Author Topic: Announcement: The Guidelines of the Forum  (Read 6872 times)

Offline Rubikscube

• Got shot by StrangerWithin
  • Administrator
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Are You Real?
    • Pure 80s Pop
Announcement: The Guidelines of the Forum
« on: June 06, 2004, 21:53:57 PM »
Well I thought I would write up some rules so everyone knows where they stand. This will continue to be updated, so please read carefully
Please Note: If you have ANY problems just ask a moderator for help.

No Advertising
NO advertising for personal or commercial sites etc. Not in posts or signatures.
This forum  is not a place to generate traffic for other websites This goes against basic etiquette. This will be removed straight away, excessive advertising will result in a ban. This includes spam advertising in Instant Messaging (even indirectly).
NO advertising banners or graphics, not in signatures, not in posts or avatars not even in nicknames.
If you are providing a URL for an example of something, such as a review, source of information, website of interest, etc. this will be accepted.
If you want to promote your site, swap links, or advertise anywhere on this site you must have permission from the Admin.
If you've got nothing to contribute but a link to a site please find another board. Members who register and immediately start posting spam links will be banned.

Post in the correct forum
Make sure all posts are in the correct forum; if its to do with 80 music then its the 80s music forum. If its serious discussion, then post it in that forum. It will make it easier for everyone and you will get a better response with it in the right forum.

Content of posts
Do not post about Illegal activity such as downloading illegal content
Do not spam posts with excessive smiles, ALL CAPS, unreadable or silly fonts, excessive swearing for no reason. Such topics will be removed from the forum.
Discriminatory comments on sexuality, race, nationality or ethnicity towards any users or in topics will result in a ban.

Stick to the subject
Please stick to the subject of the thread, and do not drift off the topic. If you have something new to say, start a new topic, or if you want to chat to someone use your PM's

please make sure avatars and signatures are not distasteful, if people complain about it within reason then it will be removed.
Make sure your signature is not bigger than around 25kb and the dimensions are no larger than 500x100 pixels

Instant Messages
There are no limitations on private messages, however if you abuse them (such as spam, flaming users or excessive advertising) they will be disabled.

The Moderating Team
We have designated users to moderate all of our forums. They will do their job, which involves keeping their forum on topic. If your post goes "missing" it is either against our rules outlined within this post, or has been moved to the relevant forum. We will let people know when we are in search for moderators.

Rubikscube

Offline AndrewR

• The Quiz Master
  • Global Moderator
  • Pure80s Elite
    • Andrew Reids Rail Photos 2006 - 2008
Re:Announcement: The Guidelines of the Forum
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 08:18:27 AM »
I'd also like to add...

In the event of insults or abuse from another member (especially personal attacks)...
Do not post an abusive message yourself in return.  This only causes more trouble and could result in both members being banned.  Every post has a 'report' button @ the bottom right corner - use that instead to inform one or more of the moderators.

Offline StrangerWithin

• Administrator
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Do I Tweet? Do I F***!!!
    • KitchenRefits
Re: Announcement: The Guidelines of the Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 22:57:58 PM »
I'd also like to add...

In the event of insults or abuse from another member (especially personal attacks)...
Do not post an abusive message yourself in return. This only causes more trouble and could result in both members being banned. Every post has a 'report' button @ the bottom right corner - use that instead to inform one or more of the moderators.

The same principal can also be applied to instant messages as well.

I have the body of a 19 year old. I keep it in the fridge.......................