Author Topic: 80s fancy dress ideas?  (Read 4066 times)

Offline snrweb

• Apprentice member
  • Teenage Kicks in the 80's
80s fancy dress ideas?
« on: July 15, 2008, 11:24:46 AM »
Hi, i've got an 80s fancy dress to go to and was planning to go as a New Romantic. I've got the wig and frilly shirt but does anyone have any ideas as to the trousers and shoes they wore? Any pics would be great or links to stuff for sale. Also any images of make-up worn would be fab!

Thanks in advance.

snrweb

Offline NOC

• Pure80s Elite
    • Colchester United
Re: 80s fancy dress ideas?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 12:10:53 PM »
try you tube videos or images on google: duran duran spandau classic nouveaux visage etc

Offline Cleo

• Black Country Wench
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Pointy ​sticks? Nah I'd rather use sharp wit...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 14:41:41 PM »
I love your question..."does anyone have any ideas as to the trousers and shoes they wore?" Some of us on here were 'they' lol.

Not sure if you are m or f but either way trousers were billowing with tight ankles or maybe tight pvc or leather teamed with a big frilly shirt. Scarves were used round the neck, waist and to tie up hair. Pixie boots or thigh boots were v popular.

Make up was pale skin, blusher in definite cheek bone streaks, heavy eyeliner almost egyptian style, bright eyeshadows applied liberally and plenty of lipstick. The girls wore pretty similar too.  ;)

You should get plenty of ideas from looking at the pics on our sister site

http://www.pure80spop.co.uk/

Hope this is useful. O0

Offline Wingtipvortex

• Pure80s Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 10:54:48 AM »
Yep, Spandau or Duran in the early days is good, then tape a painted black shoe box on your back and go as a New Romantic fridge magnet ;)
Im Stephen King, and i wrote the damn thing!! ( first words spoken on the Shining dvd commentary )