Author Topic: Spandau Ballet in Brisbane, Australia  (Read 4719 times)

Offline Wingtipvortex

• Pure80s Elite
Spandau Ballet in Brisbane, Australia
« on: June 07, 2010, 13:43:20 PM »
We went, we saw,  and they KICKED SOME ASS O0   Seriously,  these boys were whip ass to say the least,  and then some!
The trip started like this........

They lady and myself flew 2500 kilometers from Tasmania to Brisbane with only one thing in mind,  we were going to see our favorite/ultimate bunch of lads to grace the radio waves in the 80's...LIVE ON STAGE!!!!  Iv'e been a fan since i was a lad in the very early 80's,  but Jess has really only been a fan of the boys since we met 6 years ago.  Long enough apparently, as she now knows more about the bands history than me :2funny:  But thats ok with me.

So anyway,  we rock to the entertainment center early,  just to fit a few drinks in before hand ;) and all is good.  They are playing some good 80's tunes in the foyer....its Tears For Fears, Everybody Wants To Rule The World.  I said to Jess,  what the f*^% are the playing a TFF song for when the band is playing before Spandau!!??  It was then that i realized that it was TFF practicing and doing a sound check in the main arena!!  And they sounded damn great.  Thats the moment when we became very pumped about this concert!   

To Cut A Very Long Story Short :cheesy:   Spandau came on and we totally lost it!  From the very first moment,  to the last song they played we were completely mesmerized.  I even yelled out " your a sexy man Tony Hadley " :cheesy: I think you can hear it on the video.  I will seriously tell you guys,  this was the best feeling ive ever had at a concert in my entire life!  When they played How Many Lies was the pinnacle for me and Jess,  as it will be our wedding song.  I cant say too much more......but i can give you this,  video footage from someone who was 5 rows in front of us.  Please enjoy. 

PS.  Yeah, we were a tad drunk :cheesy:  Here's the footage...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q83JFUJOaZs   

Im Stephen King, and i wrote the damn thing!! ( first words spoken on the Shining dvd commentary )

Offline snappycat

• Eye candy for the old and bandy.....
  • Pure80s Elite
  • And suddenly there came a bang...
Re: Spandau Ballet in Brisbane, Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 14:47:49 PM »
so you enjoyed it then?!   ???  :laugh:

I'll protect you from the hooded claw, keep the vampires from your door....

Offline swift

• Pure80s Elite
  • Welcome to Pure80spop
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 10:58:03 AM »
There's nothing in life like hearing someone recount a great story, and that was one of the best!! O0 They are a great band!!

Offline bratpacker

• Apprentice member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 17:04:29 PM »
Glad that you got to see them live!  I'm also a lifelong fan and was over the moon about the reunion.  :D I got to see them 5 times on this tour, the last one being Newmarket last Friday, and they just keep getting better and better!

Sad that the tour has come to and end now but hopefully it's only a bit of a break and they'll be back soon.  In the meantime maybe we'll be lucky and get some Cloudfish gigs (Cloudfish is the band Steve Norman has formed with his partner Shelley Preston formally of Bucks Fizz and they are well worth a look!).

Thanks for the video link!