Author Topic: stock aitken waterman proteges  (Read 7658 times)

Offline barney1977

• Pure80s Elite
  • Welcome to Pure80spop
Re:stock aitken waterman proteges
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 10:11:27 AM »
some good selections there machofairy... yeah, i do agree with you... SAW will be like something of an "era" of it's own like motown.... however thought i must say their best pieces came form the earlier to mid part of their time and all of a sudden just went a bit off towards the end thought.... i would say their best "product" is still Kylie Minogue.. look what she has become!!.... and also Bananarama (though not actually their product)... most of their best tracks were SAW productions....

Offline belfastfan

• Apprentice member
  • Welcome to Pure80spop
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 18:50:01 PM »
Im a huge saw fan!! they ruled the 80's charts and if you loom at their work and techique they were smart guys!!They turned around the musical fortunes of Donna Summer,Bananarama,Cliff Richard and Sam fox to name a few. during the late 80's they remixed tracks for the likes of the Pet shop Boys,Blondie,Eighth wonder and even Erasure!!Even last few years Pete Waterman did wonders again with pop with Steps,pure genuis

Offline belfastfan

• Apprentice member
  • Welcome to Pure80spop
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 18:52:04 PM »
Two of the best tracks s.a.w. ever produced were virtually unknown. 'Shattered Glass' by Laura Brannigan and 'Turn it up',CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE SINGER,HE IS UNKNOWN AND THE TRACK FEATURES ON mADONNA'S 'Who's that girl soundtrack!!

Offline Giagiax

• Welcome to Pure80spop
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 13:42:16 PM »
Another great SAW tune was THIS TIME I KNOW IT's FOR REAL  for Donna Summer
and and AIN'T NO COMPETITION for Brother Beyond

(into the dumper: SUCCESS for SIGUE SIGUE SPUTNIK! lol)

bye Giagiax

Offline Insomniak

• Apprentice member
  • Ninja Skills
    • FRANKIE SAY RELAX Tshirts
Re: stock aitken waterman proteges
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2005, 21:11:08 PM »

Yes, SAW owned dance music for a few years in the 80s, loved most of their stuff.
I thought the Sigue Sigue Sputnik was great!

They don't have anything on Motown though.  Motown has way more depth to their talent and songs, not to mention a catalog that is 100 times bigger.  SAW were milking a trendy dance production formula that was hot for a minute.  Theres a reason Motown songs have never gone away and SAW are 99% forgotten.