Author Topic: Voice Of The Beehive - A Message From Band Member Melissa Belland  (Read 28195 times)

Offline Missy Beehive

• Apprentice member
Hi Everyone,

Since this is the "where are they now" section, I thought I would check in and give you an update on a band that I was in called "Voice Of The Beehive" and ask for a small favor of any Beehive fans that might be reading this.       

I was in a band during the 80’s and 90’s with my sister Tracey called Voice Of The Beehive.    We had a tiny bit of fame for a few minutes and recorded 3 albums and 14 videos.        After the recording the 3rd album the band broke up and my sister and I returned to California.    Both of us live in Laguna Beach.    I am a fairy / doll designer and have a storefront at one of the major art festivals here in Laguna Beach.    My sister Tracey has become a school teacher and teaches alphabet art to kids but still likes to write songs.    We did a reunion tour in 2003 in the UK and opened for The Wonder Stuff.    There is a slight possibility that we may tour in the US next summer.    We have a myspace site and another "official" website that a dedicated fan has put together for us - nothing is sold there - it's just info about what's going on in the hive.       

When I was on tour in Australia I met a fairy and my life changed forever.    I’ve become a huge fan of fantasy and fairies and have been creating my own fairies out of clay and porcelain since 1998.    A friend of mine has bugged me for 10 years to build a website.    I finally gave in and let them build an online home for my creations.    Then they encouraged me to enter into an online “American Idol” type contest that Yahoo and Ivanka Trump are currently running for small business owners.    The contest started with over 9000 people and is down to 5.    Yahoo produced a video of each finalist which people on the internet can watch and then vote for.    Yahoo was looking for small and quirky business owners and I certainly qualify there.    You can watch the video they put together of me and my fairies – PLUS, if your a Beehive fan and think my fairies are interesting you could even cast a vote or two for me.    I would love to win this contest.    The other 4 companies produce manufactured type stuff which isn’t bad but I make everything by hand in my studio where I create trolls, fairies, goblins, and pixies and every piece is unique made with vintage fabric from the 40's, fabric from stage costumes I wore, and various colored crystals.       

Check out the video and tell me what you think (don’t forget to vote!!) You can vote once a day between now and June 24th.    You can email me through my website at Made In Heaven By Missy.       

My video entry at Yahoo can be found here:

http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/ultimateconnection/index.php?finalist=3  [Link Enabled By Admin]

Cheers,
Missy Beehive

Offline Viscount Discount

• Heir to a crumbling biscuit empire ....
  • Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Don't stop the dance...
Re: Voice Of The Beehive - A Message From Band Member Melissa Belland
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 14:28:54 PM »
Blimey!

Do we have any other celebrities lurking on this site?  Step forward and identify yourselves please.  ;D

Just want to say, I was a big fan Missy Beehive.  :)
Bang bang, the mighty fall ...

Offline Missy Beehive

• Apprentice member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 14:50:32 PM »
Thank you! That's very nice to hear.  We always had such good fans.  Tracey and I were both so excited when we came back in 2003 for our mini reunion tour.

I'm also excited about this contest.  I've worked hard on this business.  Royalties can only take you so far but the iTunes music store has help me keep the fairy dream alive.

Cheers,
Missy Beehive

P. S - Fairies are not beyond bribery - if anyone is a Beehive fan and wants to vote for me, send me an email with your address and "I Voted" in the subject line from the Yahoo ID that you voted from and I will send a copy of the famous "Moon Picture" that Tracey and I will both sign.

Offline lovely_butterfly79

• nanna nannna boo boo!!!
  • Pure80s Elite
  • some day i will trully be a lovely butterfly
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 17:46:04 PM »
hi melissa or missy.. i am sorry to say that i havent heard of your band ...but i did check out your video and i think you have a wonderfull talent , your fairies are very beautiful. i am a big fan of faries and i also love butterflies. wanted to let you know that i did vote for your video. I hope you win. i didnt fully check out the conest that you are in . what will you get if you win ..and is there a second or third place prize.

best of luck to you  :)  O0

Offline Mr Spoon

• Apprentice member
  • I wanna do the do
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 19:33:50 PM »
Done O0 and my wife thanks you for your great tunes
The countenance is the portrait of the mind, the eyes are its informers.

Offline Vauxhall Victor

• We're The Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Turbocharged!
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 19:45:42 PM »
Yeah, I remember Voice Of The Beehive. Loved 'Perfect Place'. Haven't checked out the video yet but will.
A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Offline Vauxhall Victor

• We're The Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Turbocharged!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 19:52:09 PM »
Now I've watched (and voted for) the video. Really intricate figures. I'm personally not into fairies myself, but I'm still impressed by the skill. I wish you all the best.
A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Offline Missy Beehive

• Apprentice member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 20:00:13 PM »
Thank you! I need all the votes I can get! I hope some of the Beehive fans come out of the hive and vote daily.  The VOTB site has a nice announcement.

This has been a fun week,
Missy

Offline StrangerWithin

• Administrator
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Do I Tweet? Do I F***!!!
    • KitchenRefits
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 20:07:28 PM »
I'm personally not into fairies myself,

We have Pinny & Luckynickd for that ;D

All the best with your venture Missy O0

I have the body of a 19 year old. I keep it in the fridge.......................

Offline andrea

• Dizzy blonde
  • Part Time Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Champion Reflexer
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 21:34:35 PM »
I like fairies a lot and have a few little figures.I love yours and have voted  :)

Offline Pin

• Part Time Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Nobody can hear you scream in space
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 21:46:54 PM »
Anybody how loves a fairy gets my vote  ;)

Very nice work to and so unique  O0

Loved ther Strawberry Blonde Pocket Pixie

The Porcelain Fairies are really Beautiful

May you could have a Pinny range with bowling balls and pins  ;D

Offline Onehitwonder

• Land Down Under
  • Pure80s Elite
    • Youtube NZOZ
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 00:41:16 AM »

When I was on tour in Australia I met a fairy and my life changed forever

so i see you've been to Kings Cross -Sydney then  :2funny:

i have a few of your Vids as well .

Offline Missy Beehive

• Apprentice member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 01:05:49 AM »
yes having lived in London for 9 years I've been to Kings Cross and having toured in Australia I've been to Sidney.  I was surprised how many of our videos are on You Tube.

Which videos do you have? Do you have any of the Top Of The Pops clips?

Love & Luck,
Missy

Offline Onehitwonder

• Land Down Under
  • Pure80s Elite
    • Youtube NZOZ
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 03:33:23 AM »
not sure how many vid's i got, i know there's at least 2 on this hard drive ...and a few others on my old hard drive sitting in my 'spare parts' department drawer   :-[

i try to avoid getting any 'totp' clips due to their rediculous sized water marks on their clips.
there's usually other better alternatives anyway.

as ''once upon a time'' there use to be quite a number of clips of your group on youtube....but  (see : youtube account suspensions)  ::)  :'(

'don't call me baby' would be my fav , (i bet you got comments saying you sounded like the Bangles a bit )     ;D

BTW ..what on earth made you cover That Partridge Family classic   ;D

Offline Missy Beehive

• Apprentice member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 03:41:03 AM »
That's EASY - Have you seen the video from that cover? Without question the most fun we ever had filming a video. . .