Author Topic: NEW!! Bands Reunited  (Read 10985 times)

Offline Retroscope™

• I am so afraid....of Living in Oblivion...
    • Retroscope Mod & Vintage Fashions
Re:NEW!! Bands Reunited
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 21:37:13 PM »
Laura , you seriously want Wayne "im not fussy" Hussey to come out of hiding ? eek had no idea he was in Cali .... I want to see the Haircut 100 BR, so I can share my impressions with someone in Rochester, NY  ;)

Simon....The Mission was one of my fave bands....I was a goth remember? (albeit happy goth lol) Wayne only lives a few miles from me and I want to go find him and kick him in the pants for being such a lazy bastard and not playing again. They did have one reunion scheduled about 4 years ago at a club very near my house and then they cancelled it due to "family matters". They haven't rescheduled since...grrrrrrr >:(

Of course I'd rather see the Human League if they were playing though :D Never got to see them in the 80's.

Laura

God, I'm bored. I might as well be listening to Genesis.

Offline Simön Lé Brit † ™

• Pure80s Elite
  • Pure 60s Deelite
    • The Parallel Universe
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 11:04:07 AM »
Laura , you seriously want Wayne "im not fussy" Hussey to come out of hiding ? eek had no idea he was in Cali .... I want to see the Haircut 100 BR, so I can share my impressions with someone in Rochester, NY  ;)

Simon....The Mission was one of my fave bands....I was a goth remember? (albeit happy goth lol) Wayne only lives a few miles from me and I want to go find him and kick him in the pants for being such a lazy bastard and not playing again. They did have one reunion scheduled about 4 years ago at a club very near my house and then they cancelled it due to "family matters". They haven't rescheduled since...grrrrrrr >:(

Of course I'd rather see the Human League if they were playing though :D Never got to see them in the 80's.

Laura
Happy Goths ..there's an Alanis song somewhere for that. How dya know the Mission have been in town ? Cuz all the beers have gone and the ashtray looks like Hiroshima.Laura I hear Wayne is a virtual reclusive thesedays. He took a lot of stick for fathering the child of someone so young (at the time) so he tends to keep a low profile but Im sure you can find him. Good luck.

On a related point can anybody tell us the link between the sisters/mission and the Liverpool New Wave explosion ? I already know this.. but hey..any 80s experts wanna have a go at it ?  ;)
TIME FLIES LIKE AN ARROW ...FRUIT FLIES LIKE A BANANA .... SLeB "Call Me Si everybody else does"

Offline Shytot

• My Other Can is Codswallop
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Hi ho Silver away - Ride into tomorrow today
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 11:35:59 AM »

On a related point can anybody tell us the link between the sisters/mission and the Liverpool New Wave explosion ? I already know this.. but hey..any 80s experts wanna have a go at it ?  ;) [/color]

Does it involve the Teardrop Explodes?

• Pure80s Elite
  • Pure 60s Deelite
    • The Parallel Universe
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 18:07:06 PM »

On a related point can anybody tell us the link between the sisters/mission and the Liverpool New Wave explosion ? I already know this.. but hey..any 80s experts wanna have a go at it ?  ;) [/color]

Does it involve the Teardrop Explodes?

Not quite.. theres two people involved here and one of them has a sort of Tenious link to TE but not really....
TIME FLIES LIKE AN ARROW ...FRUIT FLIES LIKE A BANANA .... SLeB "Call Me Si everybody else does"

Offline Shreddie

• The Festive Fluffer!
  • Part Time Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • It's My Turn
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 20:18:33 PM »
oooo  Tell us the gossip about Wayne Hussey Simon  :D

• Pure80s Elite
  • Pure 60s Deelite
    • The Parallel Universe
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 23:25:01 PM »
The Goss on Wayne Hussey, for those who dont know concerns a young woman from the north west of England who basically followed the mish around on and after their first big UK tour and she was under 16 when she started sleeping with Wayne..it caused a lot of disconcertion..in and out of the mish camp ..she ended up pregnant when she was legal age and wayne did the right thing and married her.. Rock N Roll eh ??

Offline Viscount Discount

• Heir to a crumbling biscuit empire ....
  • Staff
  • Pure80s Elite
  • Don't stop the dance...
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 10:45:55 AM »
Hmmmmm. I loved the Sisters. In fact I had the song Adrenochrome (sp?) in my dream last night.  :o

However The Mission to me just looked like a bunch of tyre fitters dressed up for a laugh. And they bellowed out desperately tedious dirges.

Has anyone noticed a resemblance between Wayne Hussey and Elton John BTW  ;D
Bang bang, the mighty fall ...

Offline Retroscope™

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2005, 00:25:57 AM »
I don't know if this is news to anyone over there, but a good friend of mine ran into Terry Hall of the Specials over the weekend and YES...they will be getting back together for an official tour sometime soon :D I am very happy about this as I saw the reunited "Specials" (sans Terry) and they were just horrible. Thank god the Untouchables opened or the night would have been an entire loss!

Laura

• Pure80s Elite
  • Pure 60s Deelite
    • The Parallel Universe
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2005, 00:38:31 AM »
That is fantastic news!!!! I hope they tour the UK and the USA .. that would be awesome...:)

Offline Retroscope™

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2005, 09:32:23 AM »
From what he tells me, I believe they will probably do the UK first and see how it goes from there. I just hope they will be touring in Sept when I come over :D

Laura

• Pure80s Elite
  • Pure 60s Deelite
    • The Parallel Universe
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2005, 11:43:50 AM »
From what he tells me, I believe they will probably do the UK first and see how it goes from there. I just hope they will be touring in Sept when I come over :D

Laura
Bring some footballers pads and a cycle crash helmet for me please laura, cuz if the nazi skins turn up for a barney at any of the gigs like they used to its gonna be pretty violent. This happened in 1992 at the Manchester International II when Selector and International Beat played there... :(